Name: Jasmine Parr Age:12 Country: Australia Gym: Boonchu gym Weight: 39kg Fight record: 2 wins 2 draws 1 loss Titles: 0
1. How long have you been training Muay Thai and why did you become a fighter? I’ve been training Muay Thai for about 5 years. I started getting serious when I was 8. I wanted to fight like Mum and Dad. They are my inspiration to become a fighter.
2. What has been the hardest thing about being a fighter? The hardest thing is being John Wayne and Angie Parr’s daughter. I feel like that I have way more pressure on me to win. I also want to make my parents proud and I hate to disappoint them.
3. Do you think Muay Thai is a good sport for young girls & why? I think Muay Thai is a great sport for everyone and anyone because it’s better than sitting in front of a TV or phone. I feel like girls my age need to do exercise for their mind and bodies. Also, it’s a great way of making new friends.
4. If you could fight on any promotion in the world what would it be and why? I would probably want to fight on CMT and UFC! Muay Thai is my life and doing something that I love in a cage would be a great feeling!
5. What is your favourite part of training? Kids class is my favourite part of my training because I get to train with some of my best friends from school.
6. How would you describe your self as a fighter? I’m aggressive and I like to start hard from the start to finish.
1. I’m afraid of elevators. 2. I love pickles. 3. I like to sing.
8. Do you have any pre fight rituals? I go to Boonchu Thai Restaurant after every weigh in.
9. What are your fight plans for the rest of the year? I have enough points for the Siam Cup belt and I want go fight for it in December.
10. Any advise for anyone wanting to give fighting a go? Just go to a gym that has nice people and don’t do it to “destroy” your opponent try and be competitive but have fun at the same time.
I would like to thank Boonchu Thai in Broadbeach for always taking care of my family and feeding us! Jenkins Pilots for helping me and sponsoring me. AO Fight for sponsoring awesome crop tops and leggings custom with my name on them! Fight World for sponsoring my pink Gii PUMMA MMA gym in Burleigh for training me every week!
Interview By Natasha Sky, Sept 2015, Photos supplied
You can follow My other Female fighter interviews, Blogs and journey as a Female fighter (HERE)
Natasha Sky-Professional Muay Thai Fighter