Name: Amanda Juniku Age: 15 Country: Australian with an Albanian background Gym: Modern Warrior Muay Thai Weight: 52kgs Fight record: 8f 6w 2l 1ko Titles: WMC bantamweight FTR QLD title, WKBF bantamweight FTR QLD title.
1. How long have you been training Muay Thai and why did you become a fighter? I’ve been training for about 5 years now and I became a fighter because at the time my brother and sister were fighting and I really wanted to give it a go myself.
2. What has been your biggest challenge as a fighter? My biggest challenge has been to find the determination not to eat junk food while weight cutting, so hard not to, but I manage to resist the temptation.
3. What drives you? The thought of being a pro world champion someday! (Hopefully!)
5. What is your favorite part of training? The part when we finish, just kidding haha, I really like clinch nights!
6. How would you describe your self as a fighter? I feel that I’m mentally strong and I don’t mind getting hit, I love to trade sometimes haha
7. What are 3 things people might not know about you..
1. I LOVE JUNK FOOD 2. I sleep a lot 3. I’m generally quite shy and awkward around new people, but once I get comfortable I never shut up hahah.
9. What are your fight plans for the rest of the year? I’m looking into fighting in Thailand while I’m down there for 2 weeks in October, and I’ve also got a 4 woman lined up at the end of the year.
10. Any advise for anyone wanting to give fighting a go? I’d say totally go for it, it’s so fun!
Anyone you would like to thank? A lot of people actually! I’ll start off with my family, gym partners and my trainers! Especially Scott Moss and Sam Croke! id also like to thank my sponsors NRG bodysculpting, Sharon Richards photographics and BOLO fight gear Australia. Thanks to all these awesome people for the continuous support! 🙂
Interview By Natasha Sky Sept 2015, Photos from Facebook
You can follow My other Female fighter interviews, Blogs and journey as a Female fighter (HERE)
Natasha Sky-Professional Muay Thai Fighter