Name:Tania Swindley Age: 36 Weight: 59-63kg. Prefer 60kg Gym: Boonchu Fight Record: Won 5 Lost 3. 1 tko
1. How long have you been training Muay Thai and what made you want to become a fighter? Five years. I didn’t plan to be a fighter but after training in Muay Thai for a while I was encouraged to get in the ring.
2. What has been your biggest challenge as a fighter? My age. I started very late and am now 36. That also means juggling training with looking after 3 children and having other obligations. Training through tiredness and not letting it get you down is a challenge for me.
4. What has been the Highlight of your Fighting so far? I’ve enjoyed all my fights. My highlight would probably be fighting Minnie Anderson for a Qld title. Although I lost it was an excellent fight against a quality opponent.
5. If you could pull of any technique in a fight you haven’t yet pulled off what would it be? Roundhouse headkick, it would look great but I never seem to get the opportunity. Spinning backheel also.
6. How would you describe your self as a fighter? I feel like a technical fighter but I am still inexperienced in the ring and tend to be aggressive and rush into a full on battle.
8. What is your favorite thing about being a fighter? I enjoy the fitness, the camaraderie of my Boonchu team and I also like to force myself out of my comfort zone.
9. If you could fight on any promotion what would it be and why? Any Boonchu promotion of course!
Anyone you would like to Thank? I would thank my trainers Angie and Wayne Parr and Adrian Ormrod.
Interview By Natasha Sky, Sept 2014, Photos from Facebook
Please follow my other female fighter interviews and blogs on my Fight page (HERE)